Thursday, October 14, 2010

Updates on The Book

Some exciting new plans are brewing and they got me wanting to finish my Fashion Book soon! Today I took another step towards its completion. I took all (alteast I think it's all) my cut-outs, made a big mess on the dinning table and started dividing them into "categories".

Here they were already semi-seperated into categories

I ended up with 7 categories:


1 - General Inspiration. Things I liked, but won't be able to make for me. Really diverse types of clothing. I'm probably going to make two "subcategories": Military and Leather. <3
2 - Modern, Geometric and Minimalist. Mostly outfits from the 2010 winter runways in Brazil.
3 - Things for Me. Ideas I want to bring to my personal style, or either make for myself. Simpler things to sew.
4 - Accessories. You know, the works: shoes, bags, hats... And some not so usual accessories, like Champagne carrying cases!
5 - Lace, Romantic and Vintage. My favorite category, I think. Anything that has a romantic feeling to it, lace, or victorian-inspired.
6 - Pretty Pictures. Pictures I gathered for making the covers of The Book later on.
7 - Make up and Hair. I'm thinking of making a whole other Book just for Make up and hair.

Now the next step is start gluing the cut-outs in! Even though I've cut up A LOT of magazines, I have more than 10 still intact... I'm afraid I'll have to divide The Fashion Book into volumes... but we'll see as I glue along!

Now I'm signing off and I'll leave you with a question:
What do you do for inspiration?

=]

No comments:

Post a Comment